A Joyful Army of Six

We are Brian and Cara Bergeron. We currently live, homeschool, work, and play soccer in beautiful Southcentral Oregon. We are children of God, children of two marvelous sets of parents who are still happily married, children of the '80s, children who fell in love when we were but children, children who have inherited four unexpected and undeserved blessings from the Lord--Brandt, Gresham, Seth, and Evangeline. Together we are (as Eva will tell you with a shout) "in the Lord's army. Lethirrrr!"

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our Resident Theologian

Seth, our third in line at age 6, is often inadvertently hilarious. It seems the only time the Bergerons are funny is when they aren't trying!

There's been a lot of fanfare in our home over the national championship; Seth likes Tim Tebow from the Florida Gators because he's a Christian. A couple days ago, Seth said to Brian (you have to imagine his high-pitched voice): "Dad, do you think Tim Tebow is a credobaptist or a paedobaptist?" Yes, seriously.

Fast forward about a week: Brian was preparing to send a copy of Given For You, Recovering Calvin's Doctrine of the Lord's Supper, to "Pastor Ryan" of Desert Springs Church, the church we attended with our friends in Albuquerque. Seth, reflecting upon our time in Albuquerque, quipped to Brian, "Daddy, Desert Springs Church was a good church. I liked Pastor Ryan, even if he did have a Zwinglian view of the Lord's Supper!"

6 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Too funny! I can just hear him saying that. Miss you guys!

9:51 PM  
Blogger beantater said...

Cara, I do not even know what those words mean! But I always expected your children to be exceptionally intelligent - so I am not too shocked. Very funny. Melissa

2:46 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

We are huge Gators fans here - thanks to Eric getting his master's degree there. It was extra fun this year, knowing that Tim Tebow is a Christian - and was homeschooled! :-) Of course, I didn't give a single thought to his stance on Baptism. :-)

7:48 PM  
Blogger DDawson said...

Hi Cara, it's Dawnua (Hedrick)! How are you doing? I just found your blog last month and thought I should say hello. Your kids sound amazing and I loved reading thru your blog. :)

8:40 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hey Cara - I just got the Christmas card I sent you back in the mail - then I just sent you an email and it came back to me.

Obviously I need some updated info!

9:39 AM  
Blogger beantater said...

Cara, girls weekend San Clemente August 21 - what do you think? Melissa

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home