A Joyful Army of Six

We are Brian and Cara Bergeron. We currently live, homeschool, work, and play soccer in beautiful Southcentral Oregon. We are children of God, children of two marvelous sets of parents who are still happily married, children of the '80s, children who fell in love when we were but children, children who have inherited four unexpected and undeserved blessings from the Lord--Brandt, Gresham, Seth, and Evangeline. Together we are (as Eva will tell you with a shout) "in the Lord's army. Lethirrrr!"

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Funny Story

Last night my Bosch mixer literally stopped dead in the middle of blending some bean dip for dinner!!! Oh sad sad day--but even sadder little Seth! When it died, I looked down and put my hands around it and said "Oh.... It DIED!" And he, whose only experience with death happened 6 weeks ago when Troy died, looked at me in abject terror with chin quivering. I leaned down to hug him and tried to explain to him that the Bosch wasn't a REAL part of our family--only a small kitchen appliance--that everyone was okay and that we could replace the Bosch, etc. etc. etc. but he just started to sob and sob. Reality check for Cara. I still had what really mattered.

A short history of the above Bosch machine: my sister-in-law's mother, sweet woman whom I've known for years, bought it at a garage sale a long time ago. Its age has never been determined but I suppose that now might be the time to pull out my carbon dating equipment--if I actually believed in the concept of carbon dating! Nevertheless I know that this Bosch mixer lived a long and honorable life. It sat in Shauna's kitchen (sister-in-law) and then in a box in their garage for years before it ever came my way. Even if it had only served faithfully in our family for the six years we'd had it, it would have paid for itself a few times over. Never mind that: I forgot it was free. Even better! I'd always wondered how long it could last with the abusive food experiments I'd heaped upon it--barley bread being a very memorable one. This time I'm going to get the new and improved cookie beaters (been through several pairs of those)...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - I think in light of this post you should check this out!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry - guess I went trigger happy on the link - try this one instead!

10:39 AM  
Blogger allilynne said...

Oh, I can just see little Seth now...makes me miss him already...I can just imagine his face when he sees the new one!!
Love to you.
Alli

8:59 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

If you'd like to know how old your Bosch mixer is just email me, tell me the color of your switch dial. We are an authorized service center for Bosch and could fix it if you'd like
bob@mykitchencenter.com

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home